Ideas, Happenings, and Shiny Things!

Post your thoughts, what's going on, and link to anything that distracts you. :^)

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Pure Weirdness

Sometimes you just have one of those "it's a small world" kind of experiences. Here's one: There was a front page article in the Mercury News today about the Power of a name.. it was about churches that are changing their names in order to appeal to our generation. Here's the weird part--it mentioned the church I have sometimes gone to, in NEW JERSEY!

Mosaic, a popular church that meets in a downtown Los Angeles nightclub, was named to convey the diversity of its members. In New Jersey, Liquid offers ``Living Water for a Thirsty Generation.'' And Solomon's Porch in Minneapolis likens itself to the public area of that name inside the Temple in Jerusalem where early Christians ministered to others.


How weird is that?

In case you're not interested in that kind of weirdness today, something else weird happened yesterday. I have this niece (okay, so she's my second cousin-once-removed... picky picky).. she's about sixteen months old, and my cousin (her mother) posted this movie of her dancing. It's very cute. Go watch it.

The weirdness comes in when I showed it to someone, and she was CONVINCED that it had been digitally edited. She didn't believe my cousin/niece could actually dance like that! Hehe, it was pretty funny trying to convince her of the reality of it, even though I had seen it with my own eyes (well, not that particular part, but I saw her dancing for sure!)..

So yeah. Weirdness.

Posted by Christa at 8:23 AM.

0 Comments:

Have something to say?