Ideas, Happenings, and Shiny Things!

Post your thoughts, what's going on, and link to anything that distracts you. :^)

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Buttons!

Yay! I've been at Balticon all day, including a panel. My favorite part: the buttons!

Yes, the buttons. Leaving out the ones that I'm giving to people or that I don't think will interest you, here are some of the fun ones:

-- If God had meant for us to use metric, He would have given us ten fingers

-- The trouble with being an adult is that it takes up so much of your time

-- Calculus: the agony and dx/dt

-- Come on, people - I can only do six things at once and one of them HAS to be breathing

-- "Oh, bother," said the Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."

-- First they came for the verbs, and I said nothing because verbing weirds language. Then they arrival for the nouns, and I speech nothing because I no verbs.

-- Society for the Protecting of Punctuation
An apostrophe does not mean BEWARE OF ONCOMING 'S'

-- I am Locution of Borg. Prepare to be a simile.

-- Join the Society for the Restoration of Lost Positives Together we can gruntle and shevel the world

-- It's not the verbing that weirds the language, it's the renounification

-- "Oh, sure... but what's the speed of dark?"

-- Therapy is expensive. Poppin' bubble wrap is cheap. You choose.

-- Ooooh, SHINY!

-- A: Because it loses context.
Q: Why is top-posting bad?

-- πr2
Pie are not square.
Pie are round.
Cornbread are square.

Hope you enjoyed.. sorry the post got so long! ;-)

Posted by Christa at 7:32 PM.

1 Comments:

We do? :-P

By the way, I got one that says, "Hooked on phonetics worked for me" in IPA. :-D

By Blogger Christa, at 5:32 PM  

Have something to say?