Ideas, Happenings, and Shiny Things!

Post your thoughts, what's going on, and link to anything that distracts you. :^)

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Blast from the Past

So, I just read this...

WASHINGTON - Bursting into tears, eighth-grader Anurag Kashyap of California became the U.S. spelling champ Thursday, beating 272 other spellers in a tough two days of competition. He said he felt "just pure happiness."
ADVERTISEMENT

Anurag, 13, of Poway clinched "appoggiatura," a melodic tone, to take home some $30,000 in prizes. He won in the 19th round of the 78th Annual National Scripps Spelling Bee.

I did a little more digging, and it turns out that not only is Anurag from Poway (which is the town I lived in from 2nd to 7th grade, in case you're wondering) but he goes to the same middle school that I went to! What are the chances of that?? ;-)

Had to make note, because that was just too "small world" for me. :-D

Posted by Christa at 1:33 PM.

0 Comments:

Have something to say?